Membership is open to all bishops and priests who:
- believe that the churches of the Anglican Communion are part of the one holy and catholic and apostolic church;
- are in communion with the Archbishop of Canterbury;
- believe that as a witness to the universal nature of the priesthood of Christ the church should ordain to serve as deacons, priests and bishops in the church of God all those whom the church discerns as being called by God to such offices regardless of ethnicity, gender, disability or sexual orientation;
- believe in the real presence of Christ in the Eucharist;
- use and practise the seven sacraments
Deacons are welcome to join as Associate members and isolated or housebound priests are encouraged to have a link with area chapters.
Continuing deacons may be admitted as deacon members with full constitutional rights.
The Dearmer Society is our sister society for Ordinands
We are a federated society of local chapters.
Ordinands are welcome to chapters as aspirant members, and may form branches of the Dearmer society in colleges and on courses.
For more information please contact our membership secretary, Fr John Joyce.
My nearest chapter
From the USA or Canada?
If you are interested in becoming a member of SCP North America, click here for the webpages of the Society in the Episcopal Church and Canada.
A number of chapters have now been formed in Australia. If you would like to know more about the Australian chapters, please contact Fr Matthew Healy, or click here to visit the website of SCP in Australia.
Not yet ordained?
Click here to find out about our sister organisation for ordinands in training.